My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and have lived together for about a year and a half. Things aren’t boring, per se, but life has become quite “routine”. Valentine’s Day is coming up, and while I don’t have a lot of money, I want to take this time to rekindle the spark we once had. Do you have any suggestions on how to blow his mind on a budget?
Miss Ready To Shake Things Up
Dear Miss Ready To Shake Things Up,
Since you’re trying to save money, I suggest a romantic night at home instead of the usual “dinner and a movie”. Its intimate, the possibilities are endless, and the best part is that it can cost less than $50! Here is a list of some things that you may want to incorporate into your hot and spicy stay-in:
1. Lighting: You can use either candles or 30-40 watt bulbs if you don’t want to worry about messy wax getting everywhere.
2. Fake Rose Petals: They’re definitely a lot cheaper than the real ones; also once he realizes that they’re fake, it opens up the opportunity to use a great line such as “I chose these because like our love, they’ll last forever.” (Yes, girls can use corny pick-up lines too!)
3. Food and Drink: Cook whatever you want, from favorite foods to rumored aphrodisiacs. Personally, I like to prepare appetizers or anything that can be picked up and fed to my special someone. Also, don’t forget to pick up dessert toppings such as caramel, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream….they may come in handy later in the evening!
4. Sexy Outfit: Check out the Sunday newspaper for sales ads,or browse through your favorite superstore. You’ll be surprised at what you can find for a very low price!
5. Games (This is where those dessert toppings may come into play!): If you have an Android or iPhone, you can find plenty of free or reasonably priced games just for lovers. Another option is a sexy truth or dare which only requires a clean bowl, paper, pen, and a vivid imagination!
Best of luck on your special evening! All I ask in return is that if you guys make a baby that night…..name her after me 🙂
Please e-mail me at DearJenny757@gmail.com if you have comments, suggestions, or if you have a question that you’d like me to answer.
Jenny is a 28 year native of Virginia Beach, Virginia. People describe her as a “girly tomboy who tells it like it is”. When she’s not working or attending college, she enjoys writing, listening to music, and spending quality time with her fiance.