Category: Community

Kim Wimbish + Joe Alvelo

Lupus Awareness Month

Today is May 1st, the kickoff of Lupus Awareness Month and something amazing is happening right here in Hampton Roads. People are going purple everywhere. All over social media, inside restaurants, stores, schools and more; you can find men, women and children wearing purple and raising their hands more »

farmers market peninsula town center

Farmers Market Returns To Peninsula Town Center

Every Sunday from May 18-October 12, Peninsula Town Center will bring  farm fresh items from the best vendors in Hampton Roads. Available products include seasonal produce, cut flowers, herbs, baked goods, cheeses, seafood, fresh breads, jams, jellies, peanuts and more. more »

great wolf lodge williamsburg discounts

Great Groupon Deal For Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg

1- or 2-Night Stay for Up to Seven with Water-Park Passes and Resort Credit at Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg in Virginia

Must book by 6/13/14 (Options 1-3) or 6/25/14 (Option 4) or promotional value more »

busch gardens and water country usa ambassador bloggers

I’m A Thrill Chaser

I was waiting for the social announcement – but now that I am starting to attend events as a Thrill Chaser™ – I will  officially let the cat out of the bag.  I was chosen as one of the 2014 Busch Gardens®Williamsburg and more »

peace love swap hampton newport news williamsburg va

Peace.Love.Swap Peninsula offers a unique way to get rid of unwanted items

If you are looking for a unique opportunity to get rid of clothes, toys and accessories – and to take advantage of another person’s undesired treasures –  you will want to attend a peace.love.swap event!  This innovative event allows you to swap more »

MOE'S FREE BURRITO

Get A Free Burrito From Moe’s March 25-28 When You Use Their Mobile App

Get a free burrito at all Moe’s Southwest Grill locations in Hampton Roads when you purchase a regular Coca-Cola Freestyle® drink through the Moe’s mobile app. To receive the free burrito, you must enter the promo code “burrito.” Guests can then pick up their order in-store and bypass the more »

deals and discounts in Hampton Roads

I Joined The Savvy Shopper Street Team

Anyone who truly knows me knows I love a good bargain. I hate paying full price for anything, if I can help it. I decided to apply for the Daily Press Savvy Shopper Street Team (headed by Nicole Paitsel) more »

small business extravaganza

Discover Me Small Business Shopping Extravaganza March 15, 2014

Tickle Me Purple will host “Discover Me,” a small business shopping extravaganza designed to give more exposure to small business owners. The event will be held on March 15 at the Boys and Girls Club Rosemont Unit Teen Center from Noon until 6 p.m. Vendors are wanted to donate items more »

carnival glory norfolk

Carnival Cruise Lines To Return To Norfolk In 2015

It was announced yesterday via Gov. Terry McAuliffe that Carnival Cruise Lines will return to Norfolk in 2015. The cruise line announced the departure of the Carnival Glory from the Norfolk area last year, due to ECA regulations. A more »

valentine's day in Hampton Roads 2014

We Need You! Looking For Couples & Relationship Advice For Valentine’s Day Feature

Couples Feature

Looking for Hampton Roads couples who would like to be featured in a Valentine’s Day article. Looking for married, engaged
and dating couples who have been together for at least a year. Must answer a few questions about your relationship
and more »